How to delete albums on iPhone? Every iPhone and iOS device comes preloaded with a Photos app — where you’ll manage photos and videos you’ve taken or downloaded.
Photo albums are an excellent way to organize photos or videos from trips or events. However, when it involves deleting these photos, it can get tricky.
If you’ve synced your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes, deleting some albums might not be possible. However, albums created by the user are tons easier to delete.
How to delete albums from iPhone’s Photos app
- Unlock your iPhone and open the Photos app — an icon that appears sort of a color circle .
- Find “Albums” within the bar at rock bottom , and tap.
- Under the massive , bold “Albums” heading, find the “See All” option off to the proper on the screen.
- Next, click the “Edit” button within the top-right.
- The albums you’ll delete should have an icon that appears sort of a red circle with a line in it at the highest left. Toggle or scroll to seek out the album you would like to delete, and tap the red icon.
- A menu should pop-up from rock bottom of the screen to ask if you’re sure you would like to delete the album. If so, tap “Delete Album” — however, the photos within the album won’t be deleted. they will be found by accessing your Photo Library.
Some third-party apps like WhatsApp create albums in your Photos app whenever you give them permission to access your photo library. Those albums contain anything you’ll have sent, captured, or downloaded within the app.
Deleting a third-party album is straightforward . you’ll do so by following an equivalent steps above.
Why you cannot delete some albums from an iPhone
If you’ve synced your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes, the likelihood is that you can’t delete some photo albums off of your iOS device. Albums that are curated by your iPhone’s Photos app, like “Screenshots” or “Selfies”, can’t be deleted.
However, if you’ve created an album by tapping the “+” button and adding photos thereto yourself, you’re ready to delete it.
Checkout our latest article on how to record audio on iPhone?