We all know that one of the best feelings is to unbox a new iPhone. No Matter, if you are setting up either a used or a new iPhone, you have to activate it to get cell service. One of the good news is that activation is part of the initial phone setup and it will only take you a few moments. But you need an activated sim card in order to use it. But, sometimes activation can be tricky, because of this, we’ve put together this guide for you on how to activate new iPhones quickly and efficiently. At the end of this article, You will be able to troubleshoot any type of problems and type of work around issues so you can have your iPhone up activated in no time.
how to activate new iPhone: Steps.
Several times, it can be very simple for you to activate an iPhone. If you have bought the new Phone at an Apple Store, major retailers, cellular providers, it’s likely you already have a Sim Card installed.
- If it is not, then, you’ll have to insert the SIM card.
- First of all, Power your phone off then eject the SIM card tray.
- Place your SIM Card in the tray.
- insert it back into your phone.
Now note that you have an activated SIM card from your chosen cell provider. If you will buy a locked phone then note that you will not be able to use a Sprint SIM Card in a phone locked to Verizon only.
If this is the case then you will need to follow steps on how to unlock your phone instead.
- After this step, turn on your phone and wait until the Apple logo will appear.
- Follow the setup process with the help of the instructions provided on-screen.
- Now, Apple will prompt you for a connection option that either you want Wi-Fi or your telecom provider.
- You can either configure your Wi-Fi network or you can just simply activate over data.
- Apple will prompt you to signing in with the help of your Apple ID.
- This security will work as the Activation Lock used to deter theft.
- If you buy the new iPhone, you will face no problems signing in.
- If your iPhone is used then you may need the original owner to signing in so you can finish the setup.
- You can easily change the Apple ID later if you want.
- Now, Be sure to disable the activation lock if you have plans to sell your iPhone.
- It depends on your data connection speed and your phone model.
- your phone will be ready to go within a few minutes.
How to activate new iPhone: Finish Process
To finish up how to activate a new iPhone, you got a few options.
- Choose the setup as a new device if you wish the easiest and quickest option.
- You will have an absolutely clean phone with no apps or data installed.
- Now, Select restore data and apps from iCloud if you want to transition between devices.
- Make sure to select your most recent backup to make sure you have everything.
- If you don’t use iCloud then you can just restore apps and data from your iTunes backup.
- You have to Connect your iPhone to your computer with the help of a USB cable. After this, select restore iPhone.
Note: this feature may not be accessible on iTunesor newer iphones.
- If you are converting from Android to Apple then you can use Apple’s Move to iOS app to sync a lot of your old data fairly easily.
- how to activate new iPhone: What Can’t I activate iPhone?
You may experience these problems while activating a new or old iPhone sometimes. Here’s a guide for you to what to do if you run into these problems.
How to activate new iPhone: Sim Card Not Installed.
If you see that your iPhone shows a no SIM card installed message then you need to make sure that your SIM card is compatible with your phone plan and iPhone. If it is the case then you may just need to power the phone off and ensure the card is properly seated in your SIM tray.
After this, you have to insert the tray again and power back on the phone. If it is not compatible then speak to your cellular provider about what options you have. Several times, they should be able to transfer your SIM card although you may have to go to a store or maybe you have to wait a few days.
How to activate new iPhone: Check Your Activation Status
You can actually check if your phone has been successfully activated or if it is not. You can Visit the Apple System Status website and check to see there is a green dot Present next to iOS Device Activation. If you don’t see that dot, then you will need to try activating again.
Sometimes, maybe you are not able to activate with a cellular data connection. This can be due to bandwidth restrictions or poor service. If you are having this kind of issue then try activating over a Wi-Fi connection instead of cellular data.
Activating your iPhone should be one of the easiest steps when it comes to configuring a new phone, but, you might still run into problems for different reasons. In this case, you will need to contact your telecom service provider along with Apple. In several cases, maybe you have a locked sim card to a specific phone or another issue. And in very rare instances Apple may just need to replace your iPhone with a new iPhone. No matter what the case is, they’ll be able to sort it out and make it run in no time!
We hope you find this article helpful. Feel free to contact us if you have any further query or comment regarding this topic. Looking forward to your reviews. Checkout our articles on; how to turn off/restart iPhone 11, how to screenshot on iPhone 11, how to screen record on iPhone 11, how to access iCloud, how to use apple pay, how to get ios 14, how to record your screen, How to download Scribd, how to sign a pdf, how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, how to delete all photos from iPhone, how to close apps on iPhone 11, how to set up voicemail on iPhone 11, how to put music on iPhone, how to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone, how to record phone call on iPhone, how to connect Xbox controller to iPhone, how to print from iPhone.