If you are looking for how to delete multiple contacts on iphone, Apple still hasn’t made it easy to get rid of multiple contacts from the iPhone at an equivalent time. But these workarounds should help.
Perhaps it’s outdated information for a former work colleague or an ex. Maybe it is the telephone number and email for a PR person who you added years ago. Regardless, the Contacts app on your iPhone is probably going to be crammed with out of date information on people or is not any longer necessary to stay. In these cases, the perfect solution would be to delete these rogue listings in bulk. Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t make it possible to get rid of multiple contacts directly in an efficient manner.
However, there are two solutions worth considering once you want to delete multiple contacts. One among these requires using iCloud on your Mac or PC; the opposite may be a third-party app.
How to delete multiple contacts with the help of iCloud
Assuming you’re using iCloud, your contacts are stored and protected within the cloud to be used across all of your Apple devices, including iOS and macOS machines. Because of iCloud, changes made to contact information are pushed to all of your devices automatically. For instance, once you change the email for somebody in your Contacts app on your iPhone, the change is additionally reflected on your MacBook Pro or another device.
Unlike on the Contacts app on iPhone, you’ll select multiple contacts to delete using the online version of iCloud on your Mac. to urge started:
- Visit iCloud.com on a computer not from a mobile device.
- Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- On the most page, select Contacts.
- Highlight the contacts you want to delete by holding the command key on your Mac.
- Scroll down and choose other contacts to delete.
- Click on the Settings icon at rock bottom left of the screen.
- Select Delete.
- In the box you have to confirm your choice by choosing Delete.
The contacts you chose are now deleted across all of your devices. Yes, we understand this process isn’t an easy one; a far better solution is to travel with a third-party iOS app.
How to delete multiple contacts with the help of Using Groups
For deleting contacts in bulk on your iPhone, one of the third party apps stands out that is Groups. This app provides advanced features through in app purchases. the power to delete contacts may be a free tool, however.
- To delete contacts with the Groups app:
- Download the Groups app on your iPhone.
- Launch the Groups app on your iPhone.
- Grant Groups access to your contacts when prompted.
- Select All Contacts from the Groups list.
- Go through your contacts and mark those you want to delete by tapping on the circle outline to the left of their name.
- Tap Choose Action at the highest.
- Tap on Delete contacts within the popup menu.
- Tap on Remove from my iPhone! to verify.
That’s it! you’ll now enter the built-in Contacts app on your iPhone and verify that the chosen contacts are deleted. These contacts also are not listed on your other devices, including the iPad and Mac. While Groups is not the most engaging app available, it gets the work done quickly and efficiently. provide it a try!
Deleting individual contacts
- Open the Contacts app on your device or you can also open the green Phone app and after this, click on the Contacts tab at rock bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the contact you would like to delete and tap on their name.
- Tap on the Edit option present at the top right corner of the contact’s information page.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and hit the words Delete Contact written call at red.
- Click on the red Delete Contact button that will pops up on your screen.
Checkout our other article on how to change name of iphone?